Grease trick?

Open for English requests from all countries!
Streamcruiser

Grease trick?

Beitrag von Streamcruiser »

Good afternoon,

It has been a few months since my last posts.
In the meanwhile I've changed a lot of things in my life. I've changed to another employer, now not only a truck driver, now also into the production of (racing) fuel, lubricants and coolants. Sunoco Europe (Sunrocs nowadays in europe)
This meant for me that I'm not clustered to my truck every day and I could make a little workshop in a corner of the warehouse for my two Nixxies and my boat.
The nice part is, that when my truck is not fully loaded, I can bring one of my bikes with the trailer. I still drive all around benelux, France and Scandinavia so that's nice.

So I hope to be more active from now on the forum. Since there's still lots to do.

So I've ordered two sets of AX-1 fenders from China including lightning.
I'll ask in another topic how to make or where to order the bracket for the other front fender?
I have troubles with searching on this forum, cause of the language. If somebody knows a topic about this, would be great to link me too it.

Now I've been looking and exploring some about these bikes here and on adv rider forum.
Last named, I found the great nx 250 threat.
A lot of knowledge and fun to read into it.
Now since a little while, I noticed a gaining sound of thumping, rattling I don't really know how to describe it, but it seems like it could be the valve clearance, but also the famous camchain tensioner.

I found the threath how to statically test the tensioner.
I also removed the cover to the chain.
I think the timing is still alright.

But now I stumbled on the info of some sort of grease trick?
I have all kinds of grease to my availability now and was wondering to check this out.

Now the link to the trick I found on adv rider has been outdated and doesn't work anymore.

I know Michael responded to it and mentioned it a couple of times.

I couldn't find it here, but maybe we can share it again so it can be found in the future.

Thanks in advance fokes.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Staubteufelchen

Re: Grease trick?

Beitrag von Staubteufelchen »

Hi Streamcruiser,
Michael is also active on adv! So, if you ask on adv, he will respond to it...
The grease-trick that I know, means placing small parts like washers, shims etc. with a thin coat of grease. So these parts stick where you want and won't dissappear into the limbo.
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

Streamcruiser hat geschrieben: Fr Apr 22, 2022 12:43 pm So I've ordered two sets of AX-1 fenders from China including lightning.
I'll ask in another topic how to make or where to order the bracket for the other front fender?
I'm not sure what you mean - front and rear fender are identical and don't need any other brackets?

Here is some info on how to check the timing of the valve train viewtopic.php?p=25728#p25728

I can write something about the timing chain tensioner tomorrow morning. You could start a new thread here viewforum.php?f=20 (title: checking chain tensioner NX250 ... or something) then the next one will find the information about it in English ;) .

Staubteufelchen hat geschrieben: Fr Apr 22, 2022 1:22 pm Michael is also active on adv!
not anymore ;) Of course I prefer answering questions in this forum, that's what the international section is meant for.
sauve qui peut
Streamcruiser

Thanks for the info guys.

It is going to be a long night's drive but I'll do my best to write something when I'm home.

Didn't discover the international section yet, thanks!

I thought the "head" fender doesn't fit.
Or was it for the lights there is a new bracket needed?

Kind regards

PS: we best make this forum the greatest nx 250 threat 🙂
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

I assembled some info about the tensioner here viewtopic.php?p=6284#p6284 - in case of any questions don't hesitate to ask ;)

Streamcruiser hat geschrieben: Fr Apr 22, 2022 6:34 pm Or was it for the lights there is a new bracket needed?
right, the AX1 bracket for the double headlight is different and I don't know if a NX250 bracket can be modified to fit.
sauve qui peut
Streamcruiser

No I can't think of a way too.
Just a way of speaking.

Are they to be bought somewhere as well?
Or just keep looking for them at Ebay?

And by the way, I did find this threath from the link you provide now.

But it nowhere states the "grease trick", and what to grease exactly haha.
Like I said, I did find the link to the original threat on adv rider but it is outdated/removed/wrong link w/e.
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

Streamcruiser hat geschrieben: Sa Apr 23, 2022 2:09 pm Are they to be bought somewhere as well?
Or just keep looking for them at Ebay?
AX1 parts at ebay are very rare. Greece would be the place to search e.g. https://www.car.gr/parts/view/314523516 ... om-similar There are lots of AX1 parts listet there but most seller can only be contacted by phone.
That's why I got most parts for my AX1 viewtopic.php?p=7108#p7108 from Japan - but that is very expensive.
the AX1 headlights look like this https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-nx250-ax-1- ... 100kw3003/ - check if the Chinese hearlights came with the housing as shown on the pics.

Streamcruiser hat geschrieben: Sa Apr 23, 2022 2:09 pm And by the way, I did find this threath from the link you provide now. But it nowhere states the "grease trick",
grease trick? concerning which topic?

Bild
sauve qui peut
Streamcruiser

Poah, what a week.
Didn't get the free time this week I wished for.

No, I only have the two round lights without the bracket.
Unfortunate to hear that the AX-1 parts are so rare to find on Ebay. The chances of them speaking English seems tiny to me. Maybe they have a sort of online market place?
My guess is that you would've already searched for it.
Did you have some (good) experiences with Greece sellers?

I'm sorry, I know I can be a little cryptic.
I have looked for a name, and found it.
Mass-out's grease trick concerning the cam tensioner?
Anyway, It is mentioned here and there, even by you;
viewtopic.php?t=721&start=20

Whenever I find a link to where it's explained it seems outdated or removed.

I have made a video and uploaded it to yt so maybe it's a familiar sound.

https://youtu.be/wAwgEuBgWM4

Thanks in advance :)
daleipi

Beitrag von daleipi »

the VOLVO sounds nicer :D
Streamcruiser

900cc 3 cyl 2 stroke! 8-)
Antworten