Chain Slipper / Kettenschuh?

Open for English requests from all countries!
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: frame chain slider NX250

Beitrag von scrambler »

jonathan hat geschrieben: Sa Sep 05, 2020 3:08 am Thanks for this. I'll see what I can do over here. I think there is someone on the VW camper (Bulli in Deutschland) forum who does this for a living. May be able to get a few done as 'samples'...

come to think of it, an old friend if mine works for Jaguar Landrover as a product design manager....He must know someone who will be able to knock some out. I'll give him an email
I still have a good orginal slider on hold for you ;) - just let me know if the printing takes too long.
sauve qui peut
jonathan

Re: Chain Slipper / Kettenschuh?

Beitrag von jonathan »

Thanks for that. I've just got an email back from my buddy at Jaguar Landrover. He says it shouldn't be a problem but he'll make some enquiries with a couple of the smaller companies he's in contact with. The type of material is the key.
jonathan

Beitrag von jonathan »

got an email from my mate and he's passed it on to another technician friend who works for Tata, as he's been furloughed due to covid and doesn't have access to the print department just yet. The guy at Tata is going to see what nylons they have in and will print one from the most appropriate material :D
jonathan

Beitrag von jonathan »

finally managed to get a new slipper printed, but I think the material used will be too brittle. My buddy at Jaguar Landrover is back off furlough next week so he's going to experiment with some other materials. The print programme is excellent, so thanks once again to NX er for sharing....
Zigomatix

Re: frame chain slider NX250

Beitrag von Zigomatix »

scrambler hat geschrieben: Fr Sep 04, 2020 8:39 am I'll ask around in the forum whether someone else has access to a suitable 3D printer so that we can make a few more for testing.
Hi,
As I am teaching mechanics I have access to 3D printers.
Problem is I can only print ABS or PLA at this time. I don't have any Nylon filament. Maybe I can order some but I have to check if the Tiertime upbox 3D printers I have can print nylon.
I think nor ABS or PLA will fit for this application.

will let you know.
Patrick
Zigomatix

Beitrag von Zigomatix »

OK apparently my 3D printers can print Nylon.
I will have to order some.
Curently I am "cleaning" the STL file from Nxler that clearly seem to be a 3D scan and is realy heavy (80 MB !) using solidworks.

I will post a link to the updated file soon, it migth be lighter and will print a clean part as this one comes from an used one.

Patrick
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

Zigomatix hat geschrieben: Mo Feb 15, 2021 9:15 am OK apparently my 3D printers can print Nylon.
I will have to order some.
Curently I am "cleaning" the STL file from Nxler that clearly seem to be a 3D scan and is realy heavy (80 MB !) using solidworks.

I will post a link to the updated file soon, it migth be lighter and will print a clean part as this one comes from an used one.

Patrick
Hi Patrick,
thanks for the efforts. By an chance, are you also able to do 3D scans? We would need - for instance - a scan of the swing-arm slider or the two little parts of the upper fairing, that cover the turn signal brackets. The latter could be printed with ABS.
Cheers, Michael

Bild
sauve qui peut
Zigomatix

Beitrag von Zigomatix »

Hi, Actualy the 3D scan is ot of order.
But this might change in a few time as we plan to open a fablab in our school. We might buy a new 3D scan.

This will only solve the first problem, the second will be I can put my hands on a chain slipper as I have one on my bike (might be used) but the two orther parts (64520-KW3-670 and 6453-KW3-670) I don't have them.

I'm on holydays at the end of the week I will try to take the actual 3D scanner home to take a look at it

Patrick
Paulito216

Beitrag von Paulito216 »

Hello
If you are looking for the chain slider for NX250 i already produce them by 3D printing.
If you are interested please contact me to info@pdtech.pt
Here i send photos of the slider.
Thanks
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Paulito216

Beitrag von Paulito216 »

Hello
Already have the chain slider ready.
Its not in nylon because its very had material for the propose.
I made it in TPU that is like a rubber similar to the original one.
If you are interested i have them ready to be shupped.
Please contact me to info@pdtech.pt

Thanks
Paulo
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Antworten