Throttle cable installation - how?

Open for English requests from all countries!
Antworten
hhgfnx

Throttle cable installation - how?

Beitrag von hhgfnx »

After a pause I picked up my project again. Installing the throttle cables back seems to be difficult, I cannot figure out how to do that.. It's always one of the four cable ends that I cannot get into place, as either of the cable retracts when pulling the other. How exactly should the installation be done so that I can attach the ends into carb and throttle lever?

I checked some videos (not for NX250) and in those the switch unit was possible to assemble on "top" of the throttle lever after connecting the cables. The version I bought (Chinese replacement) the cable ends are screwed into the switch unit, so I face this issue. But it could have been so even in the original one.
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: throttle cable NX250 installation - how?

Beitrag von scrambler »

The version I bought (Chinese replacement) has the cable ends screwed into the switch unit, so I'm facing this problem.
Ok, this can only work if the China cables are the right length. Which apparently isn't the case. Using the original NX250 throttle cables, you first screw it into the switch and mount the throttle grip. I don't have a picture at hand of what it should look like. Try making one today.

If it's urgent: just install the cable opener, you can also drive without the closer cable. The opener is the one with the adjusters at the top and bottom. Then check whether the length of the inner cable is correct. There are good quality reproductions from Japan. So far I have only been able to find them at this dealer https://hondagar.car.gr/parts/?makes=Ho ... =5520&pg=3
NX250 gas cable.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
sauve qui peut
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

OK, found the thread about the chinese throttle cables. The China closer is at least 2cm too short, the opener should fit viewtopic.php?p=4486#p4486

Note: you cannot mix China/Japan cables because the length of the outer cables are also different.
sauve qui peut
hhgfnx

Beitrag von hhgfnx »

Hi scrambler, actually my cables are still original but if the (Chinese) handle switch unit has wrong proportions the same could happen I imagine. With the switch unit I refer to the plastic lump with buttons in it. I also try to find the old switch unit to verify, unless I threw it away.
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

OK, got that wrong :roll: . I don't know how it works with the Chinese handlebar switch (pics would be extremly helpfull) without a crystal ball - that's what it looks like with original NX250 switch and throttle cables.

Bild
sauve qui peut
hhgfnx

Beitrag von hhgfnx »

I still use the original throttle lever/handle, and more or less the switch internals look the same otherwise as well. I may put some pics later.

I am thinking if the lower side of the switch, where cables attach could be different. If the attached cable is left too far, then I could face this issue where I can’t get it to the those lever attachment holes.
Antworten