Could someone check something in an original part for me please?

Open for English requests from all countries!
Antworten
ItchyMike

Could someone check something in an original part for me please?

Beitrag von ItchyMike »

Hey guys.

I was bored, and got a cheap 3d scanner and 3d printer to play around with ( not everybody spends money on hookers and alcohol when feeling bored ).

My NX was missing the cluster support parts, so I decided these would be good ( and useful ) parts to start with. This is a prototype unfinished part ( no sanding done, support material is not completely removed, etc ), but it seems to fit acceptably well.
IMG-20220920-WA0026.jpeg
IMG-20220920-WA0020.jpeg
IMG-20220920-WA0016.jpeg
IMG-20220920-WA0014.jpeg
IMG-20220920-WA0004.jpeg
IMG-20220920-WA0001.jpeg
My question is, the part I borrowed to do the model seems to be missing a tab:
IMG-20220920-WA0006.jpeg
Does anyone has an original part in perfect condition and could please provide me the distance between the 2 tabs ( assuming my assumption is correct )?

Thanks!
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: Could someone check something in an original part for me please?

Beitrag von scrambler »

ItchyMike hat geschrieben: Do Sep 22, 2022 10:54 am

Does anyone has an original part in perfect condition and could please provide me the distance between the 2 tabs ( assuming my assumption is correct )?
looking good - have you checked with the 3D print data from the forum viewtopic.php?p=26773#p26773 ?

To be honest, I do not know how that should look like - I'll have to remove the parts from my 1988 NX250. Let`s hope they are intact.

ps. there is something with your email address, I`m getting error messages from the system

Bild
sauve qui peut
ItchyMike

Beitrag von ItchyMike »

Hi!

Cool, thanks, if you could check that, I would appreciate it, I think those parts come off without taking anything else apart.

Could you pm me about the error you're getting with my email address so I can check it out? I also pm'ed you about another matter.

I did not know someone had done it already... well anyway, it was very didactic. I am studying the possibility of with some manipulation having the pieces to "meet" at the top to make the support stronger, to later print it in carbon fiber / nylon.

The original parts are somehow fragile and I realized how important these parts are to keep everything together. :lol: In this bike it seems that a lot of plastics parts are held in place by the "strenght" of many fragile parts combined.
ItchyMike

Beitrag von ItchyMike »

First 3d print in carbon fiber/nylon ( 15% / 85% ratio ):
20221020_184920.jpg
Took 8 hours to print ( I made it 100% solid ).

I just ripped away the print support structures, no sanding/finishing was done, so it looks a bit "rough".

Since I am not doing a restoration and just need a functional part, I am going to leave it like this for now and see how it takes the "test of time".
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Antworten