TET

Open for English requests from all countries!
Nikolajsen

TET

Beitrag von Nikolajsen »

Hi all.
1 week of travel in Sweden completed.
A friend on a new CRF300L and me completed section 1A and 2 of the TET in Sweden in 4 days, and then headed home by the beautiful Swedish east coast.
2500 km
No problem what so ever, both bikes ran without problems, and the equipment also did not break ;) .
Roads....no problem at all 8-) and the "road" are in picture 4, right in the top middle :lol:
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Yamaha XTZ 1200, 2017
Honda NX 250, 1988
Garfield

Re: TET

Beitrag von Garfield »

Awesome !

How do the CRF and NX compare ?
From a pure specs perspective the NX is lighter and has a little bit more ground clearance, while they have more or less the same power & torque.
But that is from the books ... I'm curious what real life learns about how these bikes compare.
MfG, Arvid, Niederlande.
Suffering severely from the N+1 virus. N is currently 7, including a NX250
Nikolajsen

Beitrag von Nikolajsen »

Well, the CRF have an advantage in the bigger wheel (mine runs standard)
And a better standing position, the NX feels a little cramped for me (I have short legs, and long torso)
But that's the only advantage in real life.

NX is lighter.
More fuel effitive....yes it is, on some days mine ran over 40 km/l, the CRF was never above 36 km/l (I'm a more experienced off road rider, so I was much more stable on gravel roads, where he was much more up/down in speed in corners, that explain some off the difference)
And NX have a bigger fuel tank.

The suspension...the CRF have a Hyperpro spring on OEM shock, mine have YSS complete shock and Wirth spring front. Mine will for sure run the same terrain as the CRF with no problem.

The CRF have more torque in low RPM...hmmmm...not a big deal, but more "friendly" to drive.

Conclusion= I would never switch for a CRF 300 or CRF 250, it is not that much better a bike. (if you want new, well of course, but don't expect to get a much better bike other than already mentioned).
Yamaha XTZ 1200, 2017
Honda NX 250, 1988
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

Nikolajsen hat geschrieben: Di Aug 03, 2021 10:01 am Hi all.
A friend on a new CRF300L and me completed section 1A and 2 of the TET in Sweden in 4 days, and then headed home by the beautiful Swedish east coast.
2500 km
No problem what so ever, both bikes ran without problems, and the equipment also did not break ;) .
Roads....no problem at all 8-) and the "road" are in picture 4, right in the top middle :lol:
great pics - thanks for sharing ;)
sauve qui peut
Garfield

Beitrag von Garfield »

Thanks for this info !

I was indeed expecting that there would not be much difference, and if there was, it would be to the advantage of the NX.
There's one more difference which I think is important too, at least for myself: I'm not afraid to drop my 30-year old NX but I would be afraid to drop a very expensive brand new bike like the CRF :-)
MfG, Arvid, Niederlande.
Borsti

Beitrag von Borsti »

Nice. The NX 250 is made for off-road routes.
I hope you still have a lot of fun with her. the CRF is not that good. I do not like her.
Greeting Borsti
Einmal Biker immer Biker.
Unsere Zweiräder:
HONDA: 2xNX250, FMX650,
Kawasaki: KL250A,
KTM LC4 640 SC
Voge 300 Rally
Simson: Schwalbe KR51 Bj.65, S51 BJ.89
Hercules: Prima 5
Highper HP110E
KXD GTS125
Garfield

Beitrag von Garfield »

I plan on having many years of fun with my Dominators.
I have two complete motorcycles, a 3rd (running) engine and quite some extra parts :-)
MfG, Arvid, Niederlande.
Nikolajsen

Beitrag von Nikolajsen »

@scrambler of course, I also enjoy others picture 8-)

@borsti yes I still have it, and don't think I ever would change for a CRF (as of current models), maybe one with more power and more "room", the new Aprilia Tuareg look perfect, but it is an Italien bike :( ;)

@garfield your question also helped me to see what I have ;), but I only have one, it is a Honda :lol:
Yamaha XTZ 1200, 2017
Honda NX 250, 1988
Garfield

Beitrag von Garfield »

How do you think I ended up with my current collection of 6 bikes ?
I like fixing bikes a lot but once I have fixed a Honda it is ok for many years so then I need a new project bike.
And so the collection grows :lol:
MfG, Arvid, Niederlande.
ItchyMike

Beitrag von ItchyMike »

Nikolajsen hat geschrieben: Di Aug 03, 2021 10:01 am Hi all.
2500 km
Nice! Looks like a lot of fun! :D
Antworten