To Resuscitate or not??

Open for English requests from all countries!
Antworten
Wout1980

To Resuscitate or not??

Beitrag von Wout1980 »

Hello,

Is this NX250 still worth the time and money to repair it? There is a lot of rust on frame and suspension, and I have no idea about the condition of motor, CPU and brakes.

I stored the bike for nearly 2 years not knowing (forgetting) the state it is in.

I would love to restore the NX but my budget is only around 1000 euro.

I’m handy but this would be my first rebuild, so some parts like brakes and suspension would be outsourced.

I added some photos.

Thanks for the help.

Greetings,
Bild
Wout
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Wout1980

Re: To Resuscitate or not??

Beitrag von Wout1980 »

Herbert,

I forgot to mention that I live in Ghent (Belgium). I’m forty years old and I have been driving with a Kawasaki Er6 and Versys for a couple years.

I would like to restore this bike to use it for summer transportation around town and small trips now and then.

The missing parts aren’t missing, I just took them off to inspect the bike. All the parts are present.

The engine was fine before the bike was stored, but that’s more then 4 years ago. It has 45000 km on in.

Greetings,

Wout
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

Hi Wout,
Welcome to the club.
It all comes down whether or not the engine is ok. For that you have to invest a bit of money and time. First of all, fill in fresh coolant, motor oil and oil filter. Than take of the cover of the cylinder head and check the valve play. While you at it take a look at the timing chain (may not be loose or skipped a teeth). Pour a bit of motor oil on the cams and mount the cover.
With fresh gasoline and a fresh battery you can then try to start the engine.
If the engine won’t start check the spark – no sparks means the CDI fails. With a spark most likely the carb is clogged up. But both problems can be solved.
If the engine runs listen to any suspicious noises like rattling or clacking. If there aren’t any, yon won’t need much more than the usual maintenance parts (like brake shoes) to get a bike in running condition.
sauve qui peut
Wout1980

Beitrag von Wout1980 »

Scrambler,

Thanks for your fast respons.

Is there a service manual I can buy to show me how to do this (cylinder head, valve play and time chain)?

Is there a (web)shop which you prefer/suggest to buy all the necessary parts?

Wout
Wout1980

Beitrag von Wout1980 »

I already found the manual online. This will sure help a lot.
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

Wout1980 hat geschrieben: So Feb 21, 2021 9:41 am I already found the manual online. This will sure help a lot.
it sure will ;)

the best source for NX250 OEM parts is not far away from your place https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-nx250_model278/
sauve qui peut
Antworten