headlamp cowling/instrument trim?

Open for English requests from all countries!
Antworten
jonathan

headlamp cowling/instrument trim?

Beitrag von jonathan »

Hi folks...refitting my AX1 headlamp fairing, instrument cluster usw today and noticed a fairly large gap between the cluster and the fairing. There's a sponge seal stuck to the inside surface of the fairing which looks like it have been compressed against the cluster in the past but doesn't touch now.

In the pic below, I've noticed the NX has a small trim piece in this gap (where the Honda wing is). I don't know if the AX1 ever had one of these originally...mine doesn't.

Can anyone tell me how this trim piece is attached? I think the AX1 and NX headlamp fairings will be the same shape, just a different aperture for the single/double headlamps...
speedo.PNG

danke in voraus :P
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: headlamp cowling/instrument trim?

Beitrag von scrambler »

I overlooked that question :roll: . The cowl of my AX1 did not have this foam. To a second headlight cowl I got from Greece that foam was still attached. Its self-adhesive closed cell foam and pretty thick and irregular shaped, not just a simple flat strip. It looks like the foam from the NX250 cowl - which is also sold-out.
AX1h headlight cowl.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
sauve qui peut
jonathan

Re: headlamp cowling/instrument trim?

Beitrag von jonathan »

Hi Scrambler...thanks for the reply. I was just trying to put my mind at rest. It looked like the foam strip had been compressed to shape by being pressed hard against the instrument cluster. When I took the bike to pieces I didn't bother taking many pics as it all seemed pretty straightforward, but when it came to reassembling the headlamp, instruments, trim etc. it looked like the various gaps were quite large (as evidenced by the foam). I took everything apart again to see if there's scope for adjustment (slotted holes etc.) but it can only go back together on way. The way the trim, fairings and front indicators all fit together isn't the most sturdy of designs, but then again, it was never really an expensive model when new and I guess this is how Honda manged to keep the weight down to a minimum.
Antworten