Muffler ... what else ?

Open for English requests from all countries!
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: Muffler ... what else ?

Beitrag von scrambler »

Looking great – looks much better than my attempt. Two thumps up :)
I can’t wait what you have to say about the sound. You think the second DB killer at the intake side is necessary?
sauve qui peut
Zigomatix

Beitrag von Zigomatix »

Hi,
Here it is on the bike !
DSC_0070.JPG
My son helped me to check the noise : dB metter placed at 50cm from the outlet and 45° from the bike's line (as French law says)
With the Arrow dB killer : 80 dB idle, jumps up to 108 dB @ 8000 rpm
Without the Arrow dB killer : 88 dB idle, jumps up to 114 dB @ 8000 rpm
This is not accurate because there is a lot of wind today and I'm not realy sure about the dB metter placement :lol:
I made little movies but they are too large, I can't join them here.
I will try to extract sound and post "soundtrack" here :D

Finaly I think that yes the inside dB killer works, when I tried it before welding (with aluminium tape), it kills about 2-3 dB (seller says it kills 10 !)

Patrick
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zigomatix

Beitrag von Zigomatix »

Here they are :
Without the arrow dB killer
No dB killer.mp3
With the dB killer
With dB killer.mp3
Scrambler, you can take your dB killer off and compare ... You may hear if the second dB killer works or not.

Patrick
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: NX250 muffler ... what else ?

Beitrag von scrambler »

Zigomatix hat geschrieben: Sa Jun 06, 2020 7:22 pm Scrambler, you can take your dB killer off and compare ... You may hear if the second dB killer works or not.
I believe it - tried it once for a very short time ;) - but I meant the other db killer download/file.php?id=7872
sauve qui peut
Zigomatix

Re: NX250 muffler ... what else ?

Beitrag von Zigomatix »

scrambler hat geschrieben: So Jun 07, 2020 8:09 am I believe it - tried it once for a very short time ;) - but I meant the other db killer
Yes I understood that :
I took off the arrow dB killer to record but I can't take off the other (it is welded). If you take off your Arrow and compare your noise with mine, you may hear the differnce between the 2 solutions ...
Zigomatix

Beitrag von Zigomatix »

Hi,
yesterday I had a pretty long run with the bike.
I think it works better now than with the original muffler. It seems to reach 130 km/h easier than before.

Unfortunately my front brake disk was veiled and I think the old one was always braking.
As I changed brake disk (and pads) at the same time as the muffler, can't be really sure that it is only because of the muffler.

Next is to change rear tyre. For this summer I will ive a try to the TW202 (front is TW39) and maybe go a little off road. Might remind me my youngness and my second bike in the 90's : Suzuki 175 PE ...
Antworten