Best of NX250 / AX1 / XL250 Degree built

Open for English requests from all countries!
Antworten
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: Best of NX250 / AX1 / XL250 Degree built

Beitrag von scrambler »

Winter break finally over, time to go on. In the meantime I found a luggage rack from Greece and installed an engine guard. The carburetor is not running properly and needs replacing and some other work.

Bild
sauve qui peut
ItchyMike

Beitrag von ItchyMike »

Fantastic work!
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

dang, summer is almost over and I haven't done a thing at the bestof Ok, the bodywork needs a paint job, so I started with the headlight cover. It was bleached and the sticker war partly ripped off.
NX250 bestof headlight_2.jpg
New paint and sticker https://www.ebay.com/itm/264759829878.

Bild
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
sauve qui peut
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

side cover with Degree style :)

Bild
sauve qui peut
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

right side completet. My paint jobs suck ;) - that's why I won't repaint the gas tank which would need it.
Hm, leave the rear carrier black or would be white better?

Bild
sauve qui peut
Garfield

Beitrag von Garfield »

Looks great !
MfG, Arvid, Niederlande.
Suffering severely from the N+1 virus. N is currently 7, including a NX250
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

The carb used has a rough surface and shows signs of corrosion. Probably because an acidic detergent was used. With this carb it starts spontaneously, runs smoothly and without any hiccups. But it lacks some top-end power and consumption is around 3.8l/100km. Therefore I swapped it with a better preserved carb. With that it runs much better, but the consumption is also significantly higher at 4.1l/100km, with full throttle, when possible. From nothing nothing comes :D When I limited myself to max 110km/h it is 3.8/100km - a bit too much.

Bild

Bild

Bild
sauve qui peut
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

finally found a blue seat in good condition - thanks to Jens!

Bild
sauve qui peut
jaapax1

Beitrag von jaapax1 »

Hi scrambler,

I've been reading and looking through all the info in this thread many times. The content is very clear and of good quality! I really like the attention to detail and the results are amazing!

I've been quite hesitant to register on the forum but I finally did. I got myself a NX250 not too long ago and I'm in the process of upgrading to the casted ax1 wheels including the conversion to disc brakes in the rear. I know you hate them or you love them. But I'm a big fan of the 80's styling these wheels resemble.

I have one question though. Could you maybe share some of your second hand part suppliers? I mainly search through https://www.car.gr/ but it would be nice to compare to some alternative suppliers. Maybe even some Japanese sellers?

Hope all is good!

Thanks in advance!

Can't wait to ride my own converted bike!

Jaap
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

jaapax1 hat geschrieben: Do Jan 12, 2023 6:20 pm I have one question though. Could you maybe share some of your second hand part suppliers? I mainly search through https://www.car.gr/ but it would be nice to compare to some alternative suppliers. Maybe even some Japanese sellers?
Hi Jaap,
welcome to the club. I'm also a big fan of the AX1 wheels, if they were easy to get around here I would buy a set for my NX250. I got the parts for the restoration of my AX1 viewtopic.php?t=915 from Greece and Japan. Greek parts are expensive and mostly in very bad condition, parts from Japan are very expensive due to shipping and customs. I bought parts from Japan via isicar.com, there you can use the search mask to estimate the total price - but for some reason it`s usually more when you get the invoice. It is advisable to buy complete sets because many parts such as chain tensioners or chain guard holders can no longer be bought new. With CMS you can check which parts e.g. needed for the swing arm https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-nx250-ax-1- ... 8DxWP6ZND8

Cheers, Michel

Isicar_com.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
sauve qui peut
Antworten