Yes, everything is taking longer at the moment. If I can help with the spare parts let me know - I owe you a lower chain slider anyway
Speaking of overdue - finally the special screws for the shrouds have arrived. They are XL250 degree specific parts, M5 with 20mm head and only 5mm long thread. Couldn't find them anywhere until I found similar from the FMX650. On this occasion, I also ordered replacement turn signal glasses and rubber holders for the degree turn signals, as long as they are still available.
When the brake piston was pushed out, parts of the dust seal were also pressed out - therefore cleaning the brake piston was not enough.
The grooves of the seals must be cleaned, a lot of dirt collects there - which pushes the dust seal outwards and destroys it. Same problem as with the front brake. Thank god the same brake piston / seals as in the front brake of the NX250 are installed in the rear AX1 brake caliper. The procurement of spare parts was therefore not a problem.
Off to the next test drive. The brake disc now runs smoothly and does not get hot anymore. However, the braking performance is still insufficient.
Perhaps the brake pads still have to adapt to the used brake disc. Or the sintered metal gear pads are too hard. Since I am too impatient I have ordered a new EBC brake disc and organic EBC brake pads, let's see if that solves the problem. In any case, my AX1 decelerates much better.