Xl250 degree

Neu hier? Eine kurze Vorstellung wäre nett
Antworten
FazerAce

Xl250 degree

Beitrag von FazerAce »

Hi everyone, I've just joined. I got myself a 1991 xl250 degree last week. My list of jobs that need doing seems to be getting longer.
Has anyone adapted the air filter from paper to foam?
Forks need new seals, I'm 100kg has anyone used heavier oil or shimmed the forks?
Just going to service it and do forks, brakes and steering head bearings.
Is there anything else I should be worried about?
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: Xl250 degree

Beitrag von scrambler »

Hi,
Welcome to the club - nice XL degree, a very rare sight. At least in western continental Europe, there is only one that I know of.
I haven’t tried the washable foam filter – but it seems to be a good idea, because the OEM paper filter won’t be around for ever. When trying have a look on the fuel consumption – if it won’t rise I guess it’s ok to use the foam filter.
With my 80 kg I found the XL250 degree fork sufficiently well sprung – with 100kg you might want more preload. Either with short tubes or these preload adjusters https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pair-37mm-CN ... SwbihaG5fa thicker oil won’t be necessary, 5-10 is usually ok.
And as with the NX250, the correct fit of the front sprocket and retainer should be checked viewtopic.php?f=20&t=377 .
sauve qui peut
Antworten