NX lost its stroke.

Was unsere Nixen antreibt
Streamcruiser

Re: NX lost its stroke.

Beitrag von Streamcruiser »

Hello fellow riders,

In the meanwhile I've removed the valve cover and discovered that the timing is set way off.

For the people just tuning in, I bought this NX a while ago. The only time it did start and run was when I did the test run.
In my opinion worth noticing, the guy selling me the bike pumped the gas some times before starting the bike.
The bike was cold but it was a nice summer day making it strange why this would've been necessary.
The ride home wasn't particularly bumpy..
Feeling foolish now that I didn't check underneath the valve cover earlier.
In the meanwhile, since the carburateur was leaking I tried to change it with the carb I have from the other NX.
That didn't make any changes; it wasn't starting but made some kind of awkward little fart poor.
Removing the valve cover revealed that all was futile from the beginning and I have tried to start it quite some times..
I have ordered the feeling plates to check the valve clearance.
Is there a possibility that it isn't a total mess?
If feels like it turns quite okay.

I'm also waiting to make the investment in buying a good original print workplace manual.
Since I'm using the one on manualslib ever since, does anybody maybe have a better digital file for it?

Greetings
Screenshot_20230221-120228.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: NX lost its stroke.

Beitrag von scrambler »

unfortunately looks bad, so much offset I have not seen before. You can turn the camshaft that far before the valves are actuated. One or two valves probably made contact with the piston, got bent and then stopped closing. A hind may be the valve play, turn until the marks are horizontal again, the valve clearances are then far too large.

NX250 cam.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
sauve qui peut
Antworten