Chain Slipper / Kettenschuh?

Open for English requests from all countries!
Antworten
jonathan

Chain Slipper / Kettenschuh?

Beitrag von jonathan » Mi Mär 25, 2020 6:13 pm

While the country is in lock down, I've made a start on the AX1 restoration. While cleaning up and removing parts from the frame I noticed the chain Slipper is cracked. It's made from some sort of durable plastic but I guess age has taken its toll. the part number is 52155 KW3 000, but it's listed everywhere as no longer available... :(

Does anyone know of a good source or an alternative part that can be made to fit? Otherwise, I'll be taking my chances with a used mail order part or carving one out of nylon or similar. Don't want to run the bike without as the chain will probably chew through the frame. Aside from this piece all other components seem to be in good serviceable condition :D

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda- ... 22/2/19632

Part number 12

scrambler
Site Admin

Re: lower chain slider NX250

Beitrag von scrambler » Do Mär 26, 2020 9:11 am

jonathan hat geschrieben:
Mi Mär 25, 2020 6:13 pm
While the country is in lock down, I've made a start on the AX1 restoration. While cleaning up and removing parts from the frame I noticed the chain Slipper is cracked. It's made from some sort of durable plastic but I guess age has taken its toll. the part number is 52155 KW3 000, but it's listed everywhere as no longer available... :(

Does anyone know of a good source or an alternative part that can be made to fit?
Not that I know of. The lower slider usually wears out very slowly. I changed mine at 105.00km, but it still would have been good for many more kilometres. I can offer you a used slider in good condition. Need anything else ;) ?

jonathan

Re: Chain Slipper / Kettenschuh?

Beitrag von jonathan » Do Mär 26, 2020 9:10 pm

Hi Scrambler....if you have one spare that would be great. I'll send you a private message re cost, postage etc. :D

As you say, the slider isn't really worn, apart from a couple of small chain grooves.....the actual piece is split in several places and as I was degreasing it, small chunks just fell off :o It's almost like brittle Bakelite!

2020-03-26 20.03.23.jpg
hard to see from my crap phone pic but it's cracked all the way through...

2020-03-26 20.04.56.jpg
she's looking a bit sorry for herself at the moment, but parts are cleaning up well
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Antworten