Handguards

Open for English requests from all countries!
Antworten
Yongüein
Handguards

Beitrag von Yongüein »

Not so long ago I bought a pair of sturdy, good looking and with a very decent quality closed handguards from a chinese eBay seller.

It was so bad that I had to resell them as they did not fit my bike because they contacted the front fairing. Maybe it was because my steering bar is not the stock one but a wider enduro one

Are there any available brands you know they sure fit? An eBay link would work for me
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: Handguards

Beitrag von scrambler »

Yongüein hat geschrieben:Not so long ago I bought a pair of sturdy, good looking and with a very decent quality closed handguards from a chinese eBay seller.

It was so bad that I had to resell them as they did not fit my bike because they contacted the front fairing. Maybe it was because my steering bar is not the stock one but a wider enduro one

Are there any available brands you know they sure fit? An eBay link would work for me
Hi,

the NX250 got the same clutch lever & brackets and brake lever as the NTV – so I guess their hand guards fit http://www.ebay.de/itm/Acerbis-X-Tarmac ... 5d512276af. But I haven’t tried this because I always use handguards from the NX650 or Transalp XL600-XL700. High quality and almost unbreakable.
handschützer.JPG
On the right side you only need a longer screw http://zsf-motorrad.de/product/126025|0

Bild

On the left you either have to design a new longer bolt or you take the complete clutch lever & bracket from the NX650 or Transalp. Nice side effect: the NX parts are shorter and the brake lever is adjustable.
kupplung nx250.JPG
Bild

Cheers, Michael
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
sauve qui peut
Yongüein

Beitrag von Yongüein »

Too expensive for me those NTV handguards,

I will try to find NX650/Transalp option. Is it necesary to chang e lever ?The handguards are open and they should fit.Any modifications needed in the right side?
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

Yongüein hat geschrieben:Too expensive for me those NTV handguards,

I will try to find NX650/Transalp option. Is it necesary to chang e lever ?The handguards are open and they should fit.Any modifications needed in the right side?
The NX650/Transalp lever will not fit on the NX250 bracket and vice versa. On the right side you just need the longer screw, otherwise its plug and play. Even though the handguards are open they really do a good job in protecting the levers - I never had a broken lever ever since.

Cheers, Michael
sauve qui peut
marcus

Beitrag von marcus »

Hi all, i would like to buy aluminium handguards ( enduro style ) like this one below ?
Which one could fit the NX250, any advices ?

Bild
marcus

Beitrag von marcus »

From ACERBIS, I like the "X-FACTOR" model, do you think I can install it on the NX250 ?
http://www.acerbis.it/motorsport/en/pro ... 557#a_page
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

marcus hat geschrieben: Mi Mär 07, 2018 11:12 pm From ACERBIS, I like the "X-FACTOR" model, do you think I can install it on the NX250 ?
http://www.acerbis.it/motorsport/en/pro ... 557#a_page
sorry, never tried one of those - but since they are universal parts I guess they can be fitted .... somehow ;)
sauve qui peut
Antworten