center stand NX250

Open for English requests from all countries!
Antworten
marcus

center stand NX250

Beitrag von marcus »

Hi all,
Do you think it's possible to adapt a center stand, on the NX250 (my bike is from 1990 ). That would help, to repare a puncture on the road.
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: center stand NX250

Beitrag von scrambler »

marcus hat geschrieben:Hi all,
Do you think it's possible to adapt a center stand, on the NX250 (my bike is from 1990 ). That would help, to repare a puncture on the road.
Hi,
A center stand (hauptständer)was sold for the NX a long time ago. Every 5 years or so one pops up at ebay. You could try to post a request at the trade forum http://forum.nx250.de/viewforum.php?f=14, maybe someone is willing to sell.
Or you could try the liftstick – but I haven’t tried this myself, so I don’t know how it will work on the NX. https://www.louis.de/fr/artikel/aufbock ... b/10003338

Cheers, Michael

Bild
sauve qui peut
marcus

Beitrag von marcus »

Hi Michael, thank you.
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

due to popular demand, here comes an english summary on the NX250 center stand.

A number of years ago I had already tested a center stand, but wasn't impressed. The flat iron on top is too weak and bends easily, so the stand folds too far forward and the rear tire touches the ground. It also requires a lot of force to put the NX250 on the center stand (my much heavier BMW R80R was a lot easier) and the main stand hits the side stand.

Bild

The following improvements & pictures are from Balu from the old Dominator forum. The picture shows the problem. The flat iron ist too weak and was flexed out and then welded in the correct position and reinforced with a 5mm flat iron.

Bild

When positioning the flat iron, you should have the right position so that the rear tire won’t touch the ground.

Bild

A spot weld is made on the side stand. If necessary, it is then flexed until you have the correct distance to the center stand.

Bild

Bild

All that remains is the really very powerful actuation - even with a weight of 80kg it is suspected of having a hernia, petite people have no chance. A welded-on extension would probably work wonders - has anyone ever implemented it?

Bild
sauve qui peut
Antworten