NX250 rack plate

Open for English requests from all countries!
Antworten
jonathan

NX250 rack plate

Beitrag von jonathan »

Those forks look perfect judging by how the bike sits. I found the oem AX1 forks to be very soft, but the previous owner had replaced the springs with Hagon progressives and also replaced the rear shock with a Hagon unit. I don't know whether he specified a particular spring rate for the rear (I doubt it). He was about the same build as me, so who knows? I've fitted a pair of preload adjuster caps on the front to see whether I can get the bike to feel a little less 'nose down' but test rides are while off just yet... :cry: The Isle of Man TT was cancelled this year, but the Classic TT and Manx GP are still on as I type. Really hoping they go through with it as this was one of the main reasons for buying/restoring the AX1. Not sure how freedom of movement will be affected in the weeks and months to follow. Sounds like your government are doing a pretty good job compared to our shambles :shock:

Out of interest, what is the rack plate from on the NXie? I ended up making one for my CB 500 X as the ones that were available were either too small or too expensive...first time I've ever tried routing aluminium :o
2018-12-03 18.47.11.jpg
2018-12-03 18.47.11.jpg
now powder coated black
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: NX250 rack plate

Beitrag von scrambler »

jonathan hat geschrieben: Mi Apr 15, 2020 5:49 pm Out of interest, what is the rack plate from on the NXie? I ended up making one for my CB 500 X as the ones that were available were either too small or too expensive...first time I've ever tried routing aluminium :o
Well done :) . I Wish I could bend alumimium like this. So I have to use modified Givi plates

Bild

Bild

Bild

I almost always use a Givi topcase, since I also use the Nixie for shopping. And finally I have a reason to leave the helmet on while shopping :)

Bild

jonathan hat geschrieben: Mi Apr 15, 2020 5:49 pm The Isle of Man TT was cancelled this year, but the Classic TT and Manx GP are still on as I type. Really hoping they go through with it as this was one of the main reasons for buying/restoring the AX1. Not sure how freedom of movement will be affected in the weeks and months to follow. Sounds like your government are doing a pretty good job compared to our shambles :shock:
I’m not sure at all if that was due to the actions of our administration. I guess we were simply lucky that we did not have an massive outbreak like in Italy. Main problem is that ideology gets into the way of what would have to be done. The borders were closed way too late for travellers from China, Iran or Italy because Merkel is (in-)famous for her open border policy (no kidding). A smartphone tracking app is declined because apparently the fundamental right of not being tracked beats being locked. And they are still not able to provide protective masks in necessary numbers, another reason why the German administration extended the curfew for weeks.
But anyway – at least it’s not the pest or something, we’ll survive it. Let’s hope they find a vaccination by end of the year, otherwise I don’t think that big events will happen anytime soon.
sauve qui peut
jonathan

Beitrag von jonathan »

Believe you me, if you think your government are not handling this particularly well, you want to see what's going on in the UK :shock:
Every day another report comes to light about the lack of preparation, vital decisions delayed for political reasons, nurses and care workers being threatened with redundancy if they talk about the failings and lack of suitable protection. Doctors having their social media monitored by their managers. Government massaging the figures, making promises they just cannot hope to achieve, failing to apologize for their incompetence, inadequate testing....the list goes on and is getting worse day by day :(

Today, an undercover investigation revealed that UK Hospitals were told by the government in mid March to transfer thousands of elderly people with Covid and other conditions from hospital back into care homes. Many of these patients had been exposed to the virus but were untested. This put them at a huge risk, along with the people who work in the care homes, as they don't have the proper facilities or protective equipment. The reason for this decision was because the number of deaths recorded in care homes was not currently being published, so on paper, it looked like the hospitals were able to cope and the death toll was not as bad as the scientists had predicted. When this was exposed, the government tried to pass it off as standard procedure and something to do with the way in which deaths are officially recorded...complete lies! There will be some very serious questions to ask in due course, but from what I've seen and heard the UK government is utterly shambolic and many more people will die as a result of their mishandling.
We're still allowing flights into the UK without testing any of the passengers who are then free to go where they please....they're handed a leaflet on arrival :roll:
Zuletzt geändert von jonathan am Sa Apr 25, 2020 9:29 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
jonathan

Beitrag von jonathan »

on an entirely different note, I used 4mm plate aluminium, cut it to shape with a jigsaw and used a metal router bit to do the slots. I then routed some very fine channels in the underside so the plate could be bent. It was a lot of work but I'm pleased with the final result as the rack plates that were available were either too small or the wrong shape. The Givi and SW motech plates are thicker guage, so I was a little concerned about the strength but it hasn't moved a mm ...I can lift the back wheel up with it :)
Antworten