Paint colour heat shield muffler AX1/NX250?

Open for English requests from all countries!
Antworten
jonathan

Paint colour heat shield muffler AX1/NX250?

Beitrag von jonathan »

Hi folks...on the standard exhaust on my AX1 there's a small heat shield attached to the silencer. The previous owner has obviously taken this off and repainted it at some time. Does anyone have a good picture of the original colour? At the moment it is a light grey, but nothing like the type of grey that Honda would have used

Danke in voraus
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: Paint colour heat shield muffler AX1/NX250?

Beitrag von scrambler »

jonathan hat geschrieben: Mi Apr 15, 2020 9:54 pm Hi folks...on the standard exhaust on my AX1 there's a small heat shield attached to the silencer. The previous owner has obviously taken this off and repainted it at some time. Does anyone have a good picture of the original colour? At the moment it is a light grey, but nothing like the type of grey that Honda would have used

Danke in voraus
According to CMS, all AX1/NX250 had the same heat shield https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-nx250-ax-1- ... pf_XplS98J. The color is not mentioned, though. I would say it’s very close to the frame color NH146M acurate silver of the NX250.
NX250 heat shield muffler.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
sauve qui peut
jonathan

Re: Paint colour heat shield muffler AX1/NX250?

Beitrag von jonathan »

Fantastic....Thanks Scrambler, once again I'm in your debt! :D
I bought some accurate silver (basecoat plus lacquer) for the frame, from an auto paint mixing company in the UK. It was an excellent match and blended in perfectly. 8-)

As an alternative, Rustoleum 'Hard Hat' metallic performance topcoat (bright aluminium) is also a very close match. Use over grey primer and then semi gloss lacquer.

I'll do the heat shield in the Rustoleum (just run out of the proper stuff) and post a pic later on
Antworten