NX250 front fairing

Open for English requests from all countries!
Zigomatix

NX250 front fairing

Beitrag von Zigomatix »

Hi there, while exhaust is out of order and waiting for parts, I took a look at plastic fairing.
Mine are in pretty bad condition, specialy the front light one.
DSC_0179.JPG
All attachements are missing...
DSC_0178.JPG
Can someone post pictures of what is missing on mine as I will try to build them again.

But If someone would sell one in beter condition, please feel free to contact me.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: NX250 front fairing / cowl

Beitrag von scrambler »

The brackets attaching the front fairing to the side fairing are missing. It should look like this. If you got the broken pieces they can be glued with a home-made glue of aceton and pieces of an old rear fender viewtopic.php?f=22&t=545 ( there are more pics of the front fairing – if necessary I can show more)
With that method I was able to repair even heavily damaged fairings.

Bild
Bild

The front fairing is most often broken and hard to find.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Verkleidung-Kan ... Sw3fxb5dXd
https://www.bike-teile.de/index.php?sei ... id=1689528
sauve qui peut
Zigomatix

Re: NX250 front fairing

Beitrag von Zigomatix »

Hi, thanks again Mickaël
I knew about the front fairing on ebay but the price is out of range for me...

I've carefuly read the topic you sugested but with automated translation I'm not sure about what I've read :D

You say all plastics are ABS exept front mud guard and seat side fairings, right ?

Thanks again.
Patrick
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

Zigomatix hat geschrieben: Di Feb 25, 2020 12:47 pm You say all plastics are ABS exept front mud guard and seat side fairings, right ?
That is correct - the front fender and the covers of the muffler and the airbox are made of different kind of plastic that can’t be glued with aceton.
The rear fender, front fairing and the fairing left and right of the gas tank are made of ABS and can be repaired with an ABS /aceton glue.

I'll keep my eyes open for a front fairing, but as said, they are very rare.
sauve qui peut
Zigomatix

Beitrag von Zigomatix »

OK Mickaël, that would be nice.
By the way, I am also looking for the fuel tank rear cushion (Honda ref 17613-KW3-000) as it is no longer available, did you manage to find an equivalent ?
See you
Patrick
Zigomatix

Beitrag von Zigomatix »

Hi, as you can see on the first pictures, my 250 NX is metalic blue. Any one knows the associated color code ?
I will soon have to find painting.

Thanks a lot
Patrick
daleipi

Beitrag von daleipi »

Michael,

do you have a spare NX650 front fairing, preferrably an older one.

if you have nothing else to do :lol: could you make a side by side foto with that one next to one of a NX 250?

side and front view maybe.......................

I have mine on the back seat of my car but due to the season I can't find a NX 650 to make those fotos myself :(
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

Zigomatix hat geschrieben: Mi Feb 26, 2020 4:52 pm By the way, I am also looking for the fuel tank rear cushion (Honda ref 17613-KW3-000) as it is no longer available, did you manage to find an equivalent ?
I could not find a direkt replacement - but the NX650 cushion should fit if you cut it a bit. I could send you a used NX250 cushion if needed.
Zigomatix hat geschrieben: Sa Feb 29, 2020 4:35 pm my 250 NX is metalic blue. Any one knows the associated color code ?
it's called PB-171M traditional blue metallic :)
sauve qui peut
Zigomatix

Beitrag von Zigomatix »

scrambler hat geschrieben: So Mär 01, 2020 9:06 am I could not find a direkt replacement - but the NX650 cushion should fit if you cut it a bit. I could send you a used NX250 cushion if needed.
Hi, that is realy kind of you but I found one, see my post in the "NX250 / NX650 Dominator Teile - Suche & Biete" topic.
Thank you for the color code.

See you
Patrick
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

Zigomatix hat geschrieben: So Mär 01, 2020 12:21 pm I found one, see my post in the "NX250 / NX650 Dominator Teile - Suche & Biete" topic.
now I also found a replacement - from the FX650 https://www.my-bikeshop.de/product_info ... NK-V-.html
sauve qui peut
Antworten