Type confusion - what bike do i own?

Open for English requests from all countries!
Antworten
farmazon

Type confusion - what bike do i own?

Beitrag von farmazon »

Hi everyone,
I have been riding my NX250 since 2013 with no questions asked, but i want to do some work on it and i've just realized that it doesn't fit in one place on the table at http://www.nx250.de/mediapool/143/14341 ... 00-259.jpg

My legal papers state the following:
- Made in 1994
- Chassis code: MD25 5000xxx
- Engine code: MD25E 2000xxx
- Max. power: 13kw @ 7500 RPM.

It has a spring-loaded kickstand.
It doesn't have an american strap in the center of the seat.

So if i look at the table, my chassis is made in 1988 ... and my engine is unfindable?
I'm asking because i want to derestrict the intake and install the right jets for the unrestricted version...but which one is it? :?

Thanks in advance!
250oz

Re: Type confusion - what bike do i own?

Beitrag von 250oz »

Hi farmazon,
as far as I know: the table shows the codes for german nx250.
Where do you, respective your nx250, come from?

cheers
Chris
Hauptsache 2 Räder und eine Kette :D
oder ein Riemen
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

farmazon hat geschrieben: Mo Mai 28, 2018 11:45 am Hi everyone,
I have been riding my NX250 since 2013 with no questions asked, but i want to do some work on it and i've just realized that it doesn't fit in one place on the table at http://www.nx250.de/mediapool/143/14341 ... 00-259.jpg

My legal papers state the following:
- Made in 1994
- Chassis code: MD25 5000xxx
- Engine code: MD25E 2000xxx
Hi there,
that table needs a bit of re-working, it's uncomplete (I'll have a re-do of my homepage next winter). By now I got the complete frame numbers from the official Honda parts catalogue - it won't get any more precise than this.
Your frame- and engine numbers indicate that your NX was build in 1990 (1994 must be the first registration) and it is a 239cc version (http://nx650.nx250.de/albums/userpics/1 ... lben_2.jpg). But your frame/engine numbers do not fit the restricted version (in the table type: 2G Germany 2*). The only explanation would be that it was build as an unrestricted version that was later on restricted to save money on the insurance (there was once apon a time a 17hp insurance class in Germany)

Anyway, for the unrestricted 239cc the main jet is 140, the slow jet 35 and the pilot screw has to be turned out 2 full turns.
By the way - pics are always appriciated ;)
Cheers, Michael

Bild
sauve qui peut
farmazon

Beitrag von farmazon »

This table seems to be correct, mine is here, in blue:
Untrritled-1.jpg
It is indeed strange about the restriction, it doesn't really *feel* like 13 kw, and i'm comparing it to my wife's Honda CBR125, which has 10 kw, and the NX is significantly more powerful than the 3 kw difference on paper...

A thought: could the cylinder foot gasket be the unrestricted one - any way to check that other by measuring it with a caliper? I doubt i will obtain the necessary precision, i seem to remember reading that one gasket is 0.5 and the other 0.8...
Maybe if i measure the compression? Should it be that different?

Forgive my many questions, but i need to learn more to get the most of this amazing little bike. Thanks for the answers about the jets, i will check them to see which ones i have when i clean the carburetor.

I'll put some pictures here, they are from some time ago, but they are representative.
P1010250.JPG
DSC_9975.JPG
DSC_0032.JPG
P1010269.jpg
DSC_0188.jpg
The machine devolved after a fall...
DSC_7834.jpg
And it is currently in a sorry state, after it was left over winter at a "benevolent" keeper who dropped it (repeteadly, i think...) and left it out in the elements. Handlebars are destroyed, the tank is bent, the plastics are all but demolished, the headlight glass is broken and the seat upholstery is destroyed. It will never be the same again, sadly, since original parts are either, as you know, very expensive or inexistent. But one way or another, it will live again, that is a promise.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Antworten