Replacing master cylinder (front)

Open for English requests from all countries!
Antworten
Zigomatix

Replacing master cylinder (front)

Beitrag von Zigomatix »

Hi as I use the bike I find little "things" ...
Lately I found that my master cylinder (front brake as rear isn't hydraulic) is in poor condition...
I would like to change it for a standard model that I can find in alomst any motorcycle shop.
I found here that MC piston diameter is 11 mm.
Any idea about the center distance ? I will measure it but if any of you had the tech specs of the nissin MC.
What I call center distance is light blue on the picture.
entraxe-1024x640.jpg
Else the piston diameter of the piston from the caliper. I can then calculate the ratio caliper piston(s) surface / MC piston surface. In order to change braking power I need to change that ratio.

Thank you
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
jonathan

Re: Replacing master cylinder (front)

Beitrag von jonathan »

I'm not sure where you would be able to find that information as the reservoir/lever was used as OEM for the bike. The key thing is the volume of the reservoir relative to the caliper & pistons, and the diameter of the piston in the reservoir. The 'fulcrum' or pivot point of the actual lever will change the feel of the lever eg how easy or hard it feels to operate the brake and where the biting point is. It will not influence the actual hydraulic force applied. find another reservoir with similar volume and piston diameter. to increase the hydraulic force you would use a reservoir with a smaller diameter piston and vice versa, but it is a 'relationship' between lever pivot point, lever length and piston diameter that affects feel, rather than braking force.

https://www.oppracing.com/category/31-f ... cylinders/

this company is very helpful. Send them an email ;)

https://www.oppracing.com/images/cmsupl ... brembo.pdf for example :)

alternatively, do an internet search for 'motorcycle front brake master cyclinder 11mm piston 'X' cc reservoir' and see what comes up
Zigomatix

Re: Replacing master cylinder (front)

Beitrag von Zigomatix »

Well thanks a lot Jonathan.
This site is very helpfull.
I will go and see local dealers and see what I can get here then compare with those informations.

Thanks a lot
Antworten