NX250 wheel swap

Open for English requests from all countries!
estebangc

Re: NX250 wheel swap

Beitrag von estebangc »

Yongüein hat geschrieben: Do Jul 12, 2018 5:34 pm
Bild
It looks awesome with the knobby tires (and the crashbars ;) )
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

estebangc hat geschrieben: Mi Nov 28, 2018 10:35 pm It looks awesome with the knobby tires (and the crashbars ;) )
and the custom-made stainless muffler, too ;)
too bad - it would not be a problem to manufacture a small series of these mufflers, but I have no idea how to get the "E" approval for an affordable price here in Germany.
sauve qui peut
estebangc

Beitrag von estebangc »

scrambler hat geschrieben: Do Nov 29, 2018 8:27 am
estebangc hat geschrieben: Mi Nov 28, 2018 10:35 pm It looks awesome with the knobby tires (and the crashbars ;) )
and the custom-made stainless muffler, too ;)
too bad - it would not be a problem to manufacture a small series of these mufflers, but I have no idea how to get the "E" approval for an affordable price here in Germany.
Definitely, looks amazing! :D
Yongüein

Beitrag von Yongüein »

Thanks for your kind words.

Another expensive japanese gadget I HAD to have :lol: :lol:

Bild

And this is how my Nixie is right now:

Bild
Yongüein

Beitrag von Yongüein »

The high fender is a must. I learnt it the hard way a couple weeks ago after getting stuck in deep mud.

I still have a 19" not knobby tyre in the front end but a full knobby 17" Pirelli MT 21 at the back with wich I am very satisfied. It behaves really great on tarmac and I gues it goes much better off road. Only guess as I am a cautious off roader, just a sunday morning warrior :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yongüein

Beitrag von Yongüein »

Hello everybody.
It has been a long time since my last post but I think i must tell here the end (by now :D ) of my NX transformation.

Scrambler sold me a nice plug and play hub, spokes and 21" rim set. Thanks a lot Michael.

First thing I did was sand it and paint it,

Bild
Bild

Second thing was to break one of the hub studs as I overtighted the security nuts I had bought :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Bild
Bild

This is the brake disc I got from eBay.

Bild

It has 6 mm holes so having discarted the original studs I went to Honda dealer and ordered four bolts.
My NX has a 10 mm nut / holes brake disc so I could not reuse the ones I already had.
So now I have two complete front wheel sets. One in 19" and the new one in 21"

New 6 mm bolt and original 10 mm-

Bild

What I did not know is that between hole and nut there is some play. I must say it dissapointed me at first but eventuallu I found out it wassomething normal (thanks again, Michael)

Bild

Then I went for the front tire. It had to be a bit narrower than the original as the rim is also narrower (1.60" vs 1.85")
I choose Pirelli MT21 80/90-21" to match the rear MT21 mounted on the rear

Bild

And this is the final result

Bild
jonathan

Beitrag von jonathan »

looking very business-like there Yonguein. :D As long as you use threadlock on the rotor bolts a bit of movement won't be an issue...think of it like a poor man's floating rotor... :lol:

Looks like you've also fitted a windshield. Was this shop bought or have you modified one from a different model?

So how does it ride and handle with the bigger wheel set?
Yongüein

Beitrag von Yongüein »

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean in the first partof your post. I am not an english languaje native.

I copied at http://www.parabrisascurtain.com/principal.htm the windshiel design for the NX.

Bild

Then I made a cardboard template and then cutout another bike`s windshild and adapted it with a heatgun. Not perfect but it works nicely.

The 21"/ 17" wheel set works very well off road. it took some time, a couple of days, to get used to it on road but now I am very pleased with it. I think I must thank the Pirelli MT21. I found them very good on tarmac. Dry tarmac, I mean.
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

Yongüein hat geschrieben: So Jun 07, 2020 6:42 pm And this is the final result

Bild
looking great! And one more "bigwheel" NX250 :D
sauve qui peut
jonathan

Beitrag von jonathan »

Yongüein hat geschrieben: So Jun 07, 2020 11:37 pm Sorry, I do not understand what you mean in the first partof your post. I am not an english languaje native.
My aplogies Yonguein. Thanks for the infrormation about the windshield. It looks great :D
Glad to hear you like the new feel with the bigger wheels.
Antworten