Hello from eastern neighbor

Neu hier? Eine kurze Vorstellung wäre nett
Antworten
rampus

Hello from eastern neighbor

Beitrag von rampus »

Hello everyone,

I’m Bartosz from Poznan, Poland. I’m ridding a BMW F650 Funduro for quite a long time, which is considered as a girl bike, especially for a tall guy like me. But anyway I love it for its reliability and I hope I will do so with NX 250.
Togheter with my girlfriend we are soon starting trip of our lifetime and we have decided to do at least part of the journey by bikes.This is how I finally bought few weeks ago a ‘90 Nixxie for her. It’s in a pretty good shape as for 1000 EUR bike.

Bild

To make it prepared for approx. 15kkm trip I have spent many afternoons in my garage.
Brakes have been totally rebuilt (caliper, pump, new steel braided hose) as well as carb cleaned and rebuilt (with Keyster set), camchain inspected and manual tensioner installed, new chain and sprockets and many, many others.
Your site has been very helpful to make right choice of spare parts.

We will be posting on http://en.vvagary.pl.
The journey starts in early of June and we wish to arrive in Kyrgyzstan by the end of September. And here I will have deal for you, but I’ll share it in another post.
If you have any advises concerning road or a bike please share.

Greetings,
BB
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: Hello from eastern neighbor

Beitrag von scrambler »

Hi Bartosz,
Welcome to the NX forum! That’s quite a journey you have in mind and I`m really looking forward to hear about it. If you need any help with parts or advice please make sure to let me know.
Concerning the preparation - did you already test drive the NX after rebuilding the carb? If the engine tends to sudden stalling when you open the throttle too fast and the fast idle is now way too high (4000 u/min and more) you have fallen into a booby trap viewtopic.php?f=4&t=413 that I figured out just lately (I will provide an English translation soon).
And hopefully you already got a spare CDI (if not, that’s the right choice http://www.ebay.de/itm/NX-250-ZUNDBOX-C ... 25a57bcb3b ) , that`s about the only Nixie part that could fail.
Cheers, Michael
sauve qui peut
boomerang
Wohnort: Schimmert, 10km von Aachen in die Niederlände herein

Beitrag von boomerang »

Welcome!
Lately I've been thinkíng what bike I would take if I were to go on a long journey (I'm not going untill the kids are a bit bigger, if ever I'll go) and the NX250 would be the one. My upgraded BMW R100GS would be nice as well, but uses to much fuel, and is to heavy in the tight paths.
Do take up on Micheal's advise for the CDI, they do crap out when you least expect it. Actually, I just bought one from the seller in the link above today because my repaired CDI stopped working again.
Bin wieder dabei! Bevor jellycow, jetzt boomerang, aber immer einfach Clement :-)
rampus

Beitrag von rampus »

Hi guys,

Thanks for hints.
I'm aware of this trick with carb setting, so I carefully measured these 0.5mm gaps during reassembling. No issues with fast throttle opening.
Well, I was supposed to carry a spare CDI, I even did order one from China directly:
Bild
It was before I read Micheal's post about fake CDI's. Fortunately or not the seller from Aliexpress.com was a cheater, gave me a wrong tracking no. never shipped it for almost a month. So now I'm trying to get my money refunded and have two options:
1. Order one you have pointed, immediately with hope it will arrive before our departure.
2. Go without spare and get it shipped in case the current (Shindengen - probably the original one) would have broken. I see the seller ships worldwide and as long as we go by 2 bikes and no time pressure it is not a big issue to wait a week for shipment in fact.

We're wondering to go on this trip on 2 of Nixxies, unfortunately I'm definitely to tall to ride it, however I like the engine specs, it accelerates better than my F650and go on high revs so fast, so I couldn't believe it is just a single cylinder bike.
Antworten