ALOHA!

Neu hier? Eine kurze Vorstellung wäre nett
Antworten
D6v3

ALOHA!

Beitrag von D6v3 »

My name is dave. Ive recently picked up a 1989 nx250 here in the islands. Super cheap 500 dollars. The registration laws here require that you pay taxes on the bike every year. This bike is 8 yrs behind. Im looking at almost 1200 to update. but for 1700 ill have a fun ride in the sand.

Just wanted to say that i appreciate forums and users like all of you who contribute and add to the collective knowledge for all. Very happy with the bike and have been using the search function and google heavily.

Currently bike is still not running from when i bought it last week but parts are on the way. Shipping costs alot to get things to the middle of the ocean. So i rely on junkyards and forums to handle my issues.

'Tinkering' is my fave thing to do.

Ill do my best to type with perfect english as i know this site is in german and my posts will have to be translated

Mahalo nui loa
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: ALOHA!

Beitrag von scrambler »

Hello Dave,
welcome to the forum.Wow, our first member from Hawaii (?)! I never made it further west than to Columbus / OH :) .
You must be a true fan, I'm not sure if I would pay $ 1200 tax on any motorcycle. Have fun in the forum and if there are any questions or missing parts don't hesitate to ask.
Cheers, Michael
sauve qui peut
D6v3

Beitrag von D6v3 »

Well the bike was 500 so i cant complain. And theres enough red dirt here that if i wanted i could just run the pineapples fields for the rest of its life

However as a matter of fact, Scrambler i do have a question.

Currently as stated earlier bike is not running. Crank no start condition. No spark. I downloaded the owners manual and tested the coil and wiring and concluded its the famous CDI. Did some research and found multiple posts where you mention (here and advrider) a sun replacement from a guy in germany. I contacted said seller and asked how much to ship to wahiawa, hawaii. He gave a price. Also asked can he guarantee that this is in fact a reliable oem replacement for my bike considering that i would not be able to send it back.
To which he responds that after closer review his CDI unit would not work as my US model requires p/n 30410-kw3-008?

At that point i did more looking to find there is Another p/n KW3 CI548 Which is the p/n the seller carries and according to him does not work?

I should prolly go verify my vin # for country of origin.

In the meantime ive purchased a no name brand cdi from tennessee with 60 day satifaction garantee for 40 bucks

Any info to clarify is much appreciated as i would peace of mind that comes from solid parts
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

just to make sure we are talking about the same CDI - this one?

There were two CDIs for the NX250, which differ only marginally concerning the ignition curve download/file.php?id=6001, but both can be used on all NX250, regardless of whether US or EU.

Therefore, this CDI will work 100% garanteed ;) .

Bytheway - the seller so far did not know that he is selling orginal shindengen CDIs and I would like to keep it that way. Otherwise he might get ideas and double the price ;) (or quadruple, Honda's last selling price in Germany was 300€)
CDI.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
sauve qui peut
garNX

Beitrag von garNX »

Hello Dave;

Welcome here in the forum - here you are "right" and they will certainly help you with problems.

LG. Otto
Antworten