A new (potential) Nixxie rider

Neu hier? Eine kurze Vorstellung wäre nett
doyar

A new (potential) Nixxie rider

Beitrag von doyar »

I would like to say hello to all the members of this honorable forum. I write from Lodz in the Central Poland, can speak some 12 words in German so write in English. I hope U guys don't mind, in this times of automatic Uncle Gug translations. My story is: after some 20 years of owing diferent bikes, mainly Hondas, I crashed on my VFR and thougt: maybe I need something lighter. Never gave up on my VFR, rebuild her after slide, but bought an old crappy Nixxie, willing to turn it into kind of a 'city tracker' for commuting plus learning some offroad skills. The project was going well, until on some 98% it turned that she needs the main engine repair. During this process it turn out that my lady is a 235 ccm and it is not possible (?) to repair it on decent parts. So here I am, a lucky (???) owner and very potential NX-250 (235 in fact) rider. So: hello!
Der_Dicke82

Re: A new (potential) Nixxie rider

Beitrag von Der_Dicke82 »

Hey man,

Welcome to our Community! Yes the MD25 Honda NX 250 ist Not really a 250 like the MD21 with 249 CCM but it is still a really nice bike.
But because it is already "old" there are some problems with getting all the parts needed.

But anyway i whish you all the best with your NX 250
Stefan
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

Hi Doyar,

welcome to the jungle :D . Lodz is well-known because of the seventies hit Theo wir fahr‘n nach Lodz ;) (which is based on an old polish song from the 19th century). We’ll do our very best to help you with getting your NX250 running. The pistons are indeed a mayor problem since both versions are sold out. Which year of built is your VFR – maybe you could use one of its pistons for the NX viewtopic.php?f=4&p=15780#p15780

Take care, Michael
sauve qui peut
doyar

Beitrag von doyar »

Hello, friends! thanks for such a warm welcome.

Michael, my VFR is the last 'real' (pre V-tec) 2001 VFR800 Interceptor. Never in wildest wet dreams thought of sharing the VFR piston with this trouble Single Sister! :shock: What a piece of wisdom at the very start... Anyway, the piston looks fine, it is the conrod upper eye and the piston rings set what worries me. "Theo wir fahr‘n nach Lodz" - I had no idea! Thanks again.

Stefan, thanks for clearing the ccms I mixed. Of course my MD25 is 239. I am still not fully reconciled with the fact that what I had bought is even rarer among this rare bike :?
HRC

Beitrag von HRC »

I really like the sound and looks of the VTEC VFR, but gear driven cams are great!
doyar

Beitrag von doyar »

Good evening, remotely ;)
I just discivered, that I had never entered my name, sorry. So my name is Jarek.
And here are some photos of my 'Petarda', as I named my unfortunate MD25 project of turning an old dual-sport adventure wee bike into a kind of a city tracker (or so). So now feel free to ask me how the hell I didn't make the bloody main engine repair as a first thing, instead of making it now, at ~98% of the completed project... 🤣
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Der_Dicke82

Hey jarek,
thanks for the pictures! And it looks like a very project ... but you need maybe some Euros more than you expect :D

I am living in Senegal and my earnings per month are around 250 Euros, so every modification is made by myself and with ceap Stuff :lol:
I whish you good luck anyway!

Stefan
doyar

Beitrag von doyar »

Hi Stefan. Thanks a milion. Yes, I will definately need more & more €, but motorcycles as a hobby were never a cheap one... My Petarda project was to keep me away from daily problems over the Winter and for 'round the chimney' lightweight excursions. Having a 2nd bike like that is a luxury itself, I know it very well. Still remember dreaming of "Chondas", "Jamahas" or "Kavasakis" as I thaught of them in the 80' behind the Iron Curtain. Also remember monthly sallary of 250 $... Cheers, Man!
doyar

Beitrag von doyar »

Hello Friends,
this is to announce, that my 'Petarda Project' had come to the moment when it fires, rides and carries me commuting and even trying first steps offroading :mrgreen:
These first steps might even be too much ahead, as I crashed a bit, jumping over the bike handlebars in the deep sand, automatically using front brake (I know, I know!) when the front wheel started to dance sideways too much for my self confidence; fortunately I was in the full gear with armour, only lacking offroad boots - short city biker shoes are a crap when offroading, I tell you ;) So now I have some time sitting with my right ankle swollen and aching instead of trying harder on sand ;) Below are some pics of my finished (..? "the biker's work is never finished!") 'Petarda Project'.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Der_Dicke82

Looks Bloody awesome Dude! :lol: :lol:

Really i am stunning about that result ! Habe a lot and long Time fun with your Nixy ;)
She Looks really nice!

Greetings from Senegal
Stefan
Antworten