Norway calling

Neu hier? Eine kurze Vorstellung wäre nett
Antworten
fikse

Norway calling

Beitrag von fikse »

Hi all!
Even in Norway there still are a few NX250 :-) I have a 1993 MD25, that I use as a daily, all-year commuter. So far it has served me well: Always starts, all electrics works perfect even when it is -10°C, and the bike is perfect for driving in snow/ice, because of low weight and low height.
Im at work now, so I dont have pictures, later - later :-)

Im sorry I have to write in English, I am not able to write in German. If you prefer, please write in German, I am able to understand most German.

Scrambler: you have done a serious job here!!! Both with forum and the nx250-page. Well done! :D

--
Bent Are Fikse, Sotra (at Bergen, west of Norway)
scrambler
Site Admin

Re: Norway calling

Beitrag von scrambler »

fikse hat geschrieben:Hi all!
Even in Norway there still are a few NX250 :-) I have a 1993 MD25, that I use as a daily, all-year commuter. So far it has served me well: Always starts, all electrics works perfect even when it is -10°C, and the bike is perfect for driving in snow/ice, because of low weight and low height.
Im at work now, so I dont have pictures, later - later :-)

Im sorry I have to write in English, I am not able to write in German. If you prefer, please write in German, I am able to understand most German.

Hi Bent,

great to have you finally around! I already wondered what happened to the Norwegian guy, hoped that the glaciers didn’t get him ;-). So together with our Dutch friends, we could now call us “International forum” :lol: - maybe I’ll open an English Sub-forum – we’ll see! Until then, don’t hesitate to ask if anything isn’t clear.

Michael
sauve qui peut
fikse

Beitrag von fikse »

Thank you alot Scrambler. I can tell You what happened: 3 kids and a bad back :mrgreen: There is not much time left for motorcycling, except for driving back and forth work.
Gotta run, one kid needs new daiper :roll:
scrambler
Site Admin

Beitrag von scrambler »

fikse hat geschrieben:Gotta run, one kid needs new daiper :roll:
Yeah, it’s amazing how much metabolic waste products the little ones produce in no time ;-).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz5Ei0QdFTo(I just love this episode)

At least you often got a good excuse going for a little ride to buy new diapers
pampersnixe2u6q3pbvjsy.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
sauve qui peut
fikse

Beitrag von fikse »

We are registered as a "valued customer" at the local supermarket... I belive we must have bought for at least €5000 in daipers there :oops: I wonder sometimes if we could make use of all that shit, but hell no - that smell is nice to get out of house ASAP.

Now-a-days I am struggling a bit with a tyre that will not fit the rim: Tubeless tyre (Heidenau street-summer-tyre) on the rear rim = trouble. Size is OE 120/90-16, but I have tried and local tyre-shop have tried. Cannot get it to fit 100%. Its almost there, missing only- a few mm in a 6-7cm long area. Hardly visible when looking at the tyre "cast marks" against rim, but the tyre gets a tiny tiny bit oval-shaped, enough to get all bike rocking at speeds 50-70KM/h. Ordered new tyre now, a Dunlop Scootsmart in 120/80-16, hopefully it will fit better.... Soon I hopefully get my Hyperpro "Streetbox", it's definately time to get better shocks :D
fikse

Beitrag von fikse »

Now I have mounted the new Dunlop Scootsmart rear tyre. This fits perfect on the rim, it was as easy as it should be, even this is a tubeless-tyre.

Still waiting for the Hyperpro-set to arrive...
fikse

Beitrag von fikse »

I got the Hyperpro set a while ago, and have used it for a while. Alot better, almost as getting a new bike!

Still my rear wheel is bumpy, so it's not fun to ride the bike at the moment..... (I have posted a separate post about this in international forum)..
Antworten